Terms and Conditons
PitchPerfect Terms and Conditions
Throughout these Terms and Conditions, any reference to an event shall be construed as referring to the PitchPerfect events held at the Gateway-IIFC Islamic Economy Conference in Istanbul on 18 November 2019 and at the Halal Expo London on 7 December 2019.
1. The promoter is: Halal Exhibitions Ltd 11961687 whose registered office is at Unit A, Avnir Works, 23 Danes Road Romford, Essex, RM7 0HL. The promoter works with iE5 Limited as the event host and sector specialist who will appoint an independent panel of judges to assess entrants at each live event.
2. Entry is open to companies or individuals aged 18 years or over except companies and individuals, including close relatives, connected to the judging panel.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, and also to enter into contractually binding documentation with iE5 Limited should he/she be shortlisted to present at PitchPerfect.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://halalexpolondon.com or by applying to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries that apply via both routes shall be deemed to have made one application, but must specify whether they intend to be considered for one or both of the events.
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. Closing date for entry to PitchPerfect in Istanbul will be 28 October 2019 and for entry to PitchPerfect in London will be 4 November 2019. After these dates no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Your Business must be relevant to the Islamic and social impact economy. The promoter reserves the right to decide entirely at its discretion what may or may not qualify to be considered relevant to the Islamic and social impact economy. Your Business may be for-profit or non-profit. Your Business can be either at idea or start-up stage. Visit http://halalexpolondon.com and click onto the #pitchperfect link to fill in the required registration form. Alternatively apply by email to email@example.com. Your application will be assessed for shortlisting. You must indicate whether you wish to apply to one or both PitchPerfect events in Istanbul on 18 November 2019 and/or London on 7 December 2019.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these Terms and Conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to the entrants as soon as reasonably possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by the promoter, the event host or judges, and is not responsible for the outcome of
discussions between investors introduced by the promoter to any entrant connected with this competition.
12. Judges are investors and stakeholders in the Islamic and social impact economy. They decide entirely in their discretion whether or not to invest into your Business, and their decision will be based, inter alia, on the strength of your application and presentation, the quality of your business plan, your product and your management team. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into and no feedback will be provided to unsuccessful entrants. There shall be no obligation on judges to invest into any business presenting at the event. Judges may refer an entrant to co-investors not present at the event and such referral will be governed by the Terms and Conditions and any binding contractual documentation with iE5 Limited entered into prior to the event.
13. An entrant who secures successful funding from one or more judges will be eligible to receive digital media promotion for a limited period from iE5 Limited.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
16. The competition and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
17. Entrants who successfully secure funding from judge(s) agree to the use of his/her or the company name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. Successful entrants’ names will be available 28 days after 7 December 2019 by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
19. No liability will be upon the promoter for any incorrect email addresses provided when entering the competition.
20. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
22. Halal Exhibitions Ltd’s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into. (As paragraph 14 above). 23. The entrants must register their application on http://halalexpolondon.com or via email@example.com in order to enter, subject to specifying the location(s) they wish to pitch at (see Articles 5 and 9).
24. Halal Exhibitions Ltd shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these Terms and Conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
25. Halal Exhibitions Ltd also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.